These might be the most darling Cinco De Mayo / Summer desserts ever! These little cuties will hit the spot for your guests sitting poolside or for them to take home in a doggie bag after a mid-week dinner. Who doesn’t love a good mini dessert when you go to a party that you can have all to yourself?
Cinco De Mayo is such a fun reason to gather up your gang and have a fiesta! In Texas, the month of May officially kicks off Summer as the days begin to heat up quicker and quicker. Pretty soon we will be spending the dog days laying in the pool, reading trashy magazines and I absolutely can no wait!
Last year I whipped up delicious hot pink prickly pear margaritas for our celebration, that you can check out here, and this year I decided to make a sweet treat. Growing up I was not a big fan of tart flavors being incorporated into a sweet dessert. It is so funny to me how your taste changes, and now I cannot get enough. Give me all of the lemon and limes!
I hope you give these a try this weekend or for any of your parties this upcoming season! What is your favorite Summer time dessert?
No-Bake Key Lime Pie in a Jar
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tblsp unsalted butter
- 3 tblsp sugar
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 c key lime juice
- In a bowl combine together graham cracker crumbs, butter(melted) and sugar. Once combined, using a tablespoon add to your mini jars and pack in using wine cork.
- Using your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract until you have stiff peaks. Then transfer to a separate bowl for later.
- Still using your stand mixer, switch to the paddle attachment and begin to mix the cream cheese until smooth. Then add in the can of sweetened condensed milk until incorporated. Gently fold in the whipped cream and lime juice until combined.
- Once all is combined and fluffy, transfer the filling to a piping bag or ziplock with the end snipped. By doing this it is easier and less messy to add the filling to your mini jars.
- After your jars are full, close them with a lid or plastic wrap and chill for up to 2 hours. Serve them with a dollop of cool whip and a lime wedge!