- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 40m
- Yield: 6 donuts
- 1 c flour
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c milk & 1/3 tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 cups of milk
- optional food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your donut pan well to prevent sticking.
- Mix together the dry donut ingredients and slowly add in the wet.
- I like to transfer the dough into a piping bag, or a plastic sandwich bag cut the tip and pipe into the molds.
- Bake the donuts for 8 to 10 minutes and once golden brown, take out and transfer to a cooling rack.
- While the donuts cool, make the icing by mixing all of the ingredients.
- Take each donut and dip the tops into the icing. Place back on the rack to completely set.
- *To create the apple donut, I added red food gel to my glaze. For the stems, I used pretzel sticks and the leaves are premade cake decorations by Wilton.