I have tried so many different recipes in search of the perfect sugar cookie. I have found that the simpler the dough the better the cookie and that is exactly what this recipe is, simple!
Another important factor to the perfect sugar cookie is chilling your dough before handling it. It is near impossible to cut out your cookies, and don’t even think about moving them to the cookie sheet, without chilling your dough. So if your planning on baking with your little ones, be sure and make the dough ahead of time. I promise they are more interested in the decorating part than the dough making.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 c unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream together butter, sugar. Then add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar. Then slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet until combined.
- Wrap the cookie dough and chill in the fridge for atleast 2 hours. Once it is chilled, roll out the dough, cut out your desired shapes and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or untill edges are golden brown.