- Yield: 7 quarts caramel corn
- 2 c packed brown sugar
- 1 c butter ( 2 sticks )
- 1/2 c light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 7 qt popped popcorn with the kernels removed
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Once combined, begin to pour the mixture over the popcorn.
- Allow the popcorn to dry in 2 shallow baking pans or bake in the oven at 200 degrees F for 60 min, stirring every 15 minutes.