- 1 c flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c butter
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- Melt belt and let cool. In a mixer add your butter and melted butter, mix well. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients a little at a time. Mix well.
- Spread your batter in a greased 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or untill golden brown.
- Optional Icing: Once the blondies have completely cooled, mix together in a separate bowl 1 cup butter, 2 to 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 cup milk. To create an ombre effect, separate frosting into several bowls and create different colors. Dollop blondies with the different colors and then with an offset spatula begin to spread the frosting. Be sure to clean off the spatula with each swipe.